Last updated: June 2018
Pitzhanger Manor & Gallery is committed to protecting your personal information and aims to be transparent about what information we hold about you, whichever way you are connected with us.
The purpose of this Policy is to explain how PMGT collects, uses and protects any information that you provide when using this website or interacting with a member of our team.
Collecting personal data enables us to develop a better understanding of everyone who engages with us, and allows us to work more effectively and efficiently with you. This ultimately helps us provide a better, more tailored service that we hope encourages you to get closer to our work and enjoy everything PMGT has to offer our visitors, Friends, supporters and class participants.
2. Who are we?
Pitzhanger Manor & Gallery Trust is a Registered Charity (number 1152434) and a Registered Company in England and Wales (number 08278049). Our registered office is Mattock Lane, London W5 5EQ.
PMGT is registered as a Data Controller under the Data Protection Act 1998 (Registration Reference: ZA394816). Further details can be found on the ICO website.
3. When do we collect information?
We collect personal information when you:
- subscribe for email marketing
- purchase events, workshops or other purchases whether over the phone, online or in person
- become a Friend
- make a donation
- respond to a survey or fill out a form
- speak to or email a member of our team
- contact us by post
- register for a workshop or project
- respond to online or email marketing
- apply for a job or volunteering vacancy
4. What information do we collect?
Depending on the reason for interacting with us, we may collect and hold the following information from you:
When making a purchase:
- Your name and prefix
- Contact information including telephone number, email and postal address
- Bank card and/or account details if you’re paying for a class, event, merchandise or joining as a Friend (we do not store your card details following the completion of your transaction)
- Transaction and order details
- Your contact preferences
- Gift Aid choices
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers;
When booking a class or workshop we may, on occasion, also collect information you provide us on:
- Your age or age range
- Health and medical details (only if relevant to a specific class)
- Ethnic background
- Emergency contact details including name and phone number
- Details of your education institution
When corresponding with PMGT we may store:
- Details of any enquiries you make
- Details of any customer service issues and their resolution
- Preferences to be contacted about certain classes, exhibitions and events
When responding to a survey or a promotion, we may collect:
- Your response data to questions in surveys
- Your vote, choice or preference in response to competitions and public voting initiatives
When visiting our website we may also collect the following information:
- Your IP address
- Details of your behaviour and actions on our website
We may also collect the following information from third parties:
- Depending on your privacy settings, you may provide permission to collect data from social media and online services such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Google.
- When conducting fundraising research, use publicly available data about you for example, from LinkedIn, Companies House, Charity Commission and legitimate media sources.
5. How do we use this information?
The information you provide may be used in the following ways:
In the fulfilment of a transaction or contract, we will use your data to:
- Fulfil ticket sales, workshop bookings, Friends purchases, shop purchases and any other transactions
- Process card payments (we do not store your card details following the completion of your transaction)
- Process direct debit instructions
- Contact you for the fulfilment or completion of a purchase, promotion, class, Friends subscription or donation
- Contact you in relation to benefits for Friends
- Tailor a class or workshop to your specific needs
- Invite you to participate in surveys or research
When we have your specific consent, we will use your data to:
- Send you email updates about PMGT
- Contact you by phone or post about PMGT
- Email in response to a specific request e.g. to be kept updated on waiting lists for classes
- Process Gift Aid claims
When we believe we have a legitimate organisational interest or legal obligation, we will process your data whilst making sure there is no overriding prejudice that will negatively affect you. In these cases, we will use your personal data to:
- Better understand the history of your relationship with us (e.g. what classes, exhibitions and events you have attended) and your personal preferences
- To demonstrate to our funders that we are meeting our engagement targets - data sent to them is always anonymised and we will not do this without your consent
- Group or segment our database based on behaviour including interests, location, response to advertising, website actions, booking pattern and donation history
- Conduct limited research before contacting individuals or organisations to understand if there is a potential interest in our work
- Research about our current supporters so we can provide the best experience possible, tailor our communications and suggest relevant opportunities to get closer to our work
- In combination with publicly available data about you (for example, from LinkedIn, Companies House, Charity Commission and legitimate media sources) to create a profile of your interests and preferences
- Target our marketing and advertising so that they are relevant to your interests e.g. targeting advertising on Facebook, YouTube or Google
- Analyse how audiences respond to marketing activity
- Detect risk of fraud and ensure organisational security and ethical standards
- Develop anonymised data (i.e. no individuals’ names or details are included) for analysis and reporting to stakeholders such as HLF
6. How to change or access the information we hold about it
The accuracy of your personal information is important to us and you can help keep our records up to date by telling us when your contact details and other personal information change, and if you change your mind about how we can contact you.
Every e-newsletter we send you will include details on how to unsubscribe from future communications.
If you would like to update the details we hold or change your contact preferences please notify us at email@example.com
7. Your Data and Third Party Organisations
PMGT will not sell, rent, trade or distribute your personal information to third parties unless we have your prior permission or are required by law to do so.
We may share your details with:
- Competition organisers in administration of a prize.
- Competition organisers should you opt in to be contacted by them.
8. How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information secure and confidential. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We only keep your personal information for as long as is required to operate the service you have signed up for, and in accordance with legal requirements and tax and accounting rules. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of, deleted or cached in a secure manner.
9. How to contact us