Walpole Park was officially handed over to the public in 1901, but its historical significance dates back to 1800 when Pitzhanger Manor and approximately 28 acres of surrounding land were sold to Sir John Soane for the sum of £4,500. In September 2013, a major project began to reveal the park’s connection to Sir John Soane’s legacy, as well as restore the park’s buildings and landscape for all visitors to enjoy.
The park facilities include a walled kitchen garden, The Rickyard learning and education centre, a new playground, green open spaces, plus a café and toilet facilities.
Ealing Summer Festivals is an annual event hosted in the park every year.
Information about visiting the park can be found here.